For the longest period of time, we had seen axe as a main tool for cutting goods for industrial purposes. With time as the technology has evolved, so has various machineries and new tools that have made our lives easier. One of the developments and replacement of axe can be seen in the form of circular knives which is considered as an ideal tool for cutting goods. As a matter of fact, one can say that the use of these knives is so common for industrial and commercial purposes that one cannot really go back to the conventional methods. However, as much as we have reliance on these tools, there are certain things to take into account when working with them. One of the most important factor to focus upon is the safety element when using circular knives from Davis & Jenkins which is why we are here to tell you about the dos and don’ts of using them. Let’s find out what are those;
- When you are using the circular knives for cutting purpose, make sure you are using both your hands and not just one hand as it is important to have proper support when using these blades. They are extremely sharp and harmful if not properly used hence, a steady hand is a necessity for its usage.
- Before beginning to cut any tool, make sure you are checking that everything kept in front of you or underneath the tools are cleared. There should be nothing kept near the cutting area except the tool that needs to be cut.
- When using the machine, make sure you are checking the blade depth before beginning to cut anything. The rule of thumb for this is to set the blades by no more than one tooth.
- The main purpose of circular knives is to cut wood as they are an alternate to axe which is why you should ensure that these knives are only used for the sole purpose of cutting only.
- For safety purposes, you shouldn’t be standing directly behind the wood piece you plan on cutting. This is because there are chances that it could damage or hurt you.
- Make sure you are not using any object when wanting to open the blade guard as this could result in severe injury.
Hope these safety precautions were of great help to you when planning on purchasing and using the circular knives for your industrial purposes. Make sure you are going through them before actually planning on using these knives as these could be extremely harmful if not rightly used and may result in severe damage or injury too.